Last week I changed the water on the aquarium. I used the spigot in the front of the house with the Python venturi pump, which caused all the water to dump right near the front door. About 15 minutes later Saturn the cat was the front door, trying to climb to the top. I went to investigate and a few seconds later centipede came through the door frame.
This is the first time I have seen a centipede at the house and the first time I have seen a Scolopendra Hereos at all. At about 3 inches long, it’s half the length of the centipede I previously posted about in Austin, Texas. The one I captured looked exactly the same, until I killed it with alcohol and it lost some of it’s color.
I would rather have scorpions than these things any day.
The regional center would include a meatpacking facility that would support expansion across Texas and possibly into neighboring states, said Jeff Russell, In-N-Out’s regional real estate manager.
Since In-N-Out does not freeze their meet, their restaurants need to be within a certain range of their meatpacking facility so they can be trucked in refrigerated. I don’t know how far that is and if Dallas is too far away from Albuquerque.
The two had been camping near the Bear Wallow Trailhead that day, and David Malboeuf’s car was spotted about 2 miles from where the fire began, according to the complaint. The trailhead is near the confluence of the north and south forks of Bear Wallow Creek. The Malboeufs both told investigators that they built a campfire on the evening of May 28 and again on the morning of May 29 to cook breakfast before leaving on a hike down the canyon.
“They stated that they believed their campfire was out because David threw a candy wrapper in the fire just prior to their departure and it did not melt,” according to court documents.
But when they were returning to their camp site several hours later, the Malbouefs told investigators they could smell and see smoke from the area.
As someone who camps with camp fires, I will be following this closely.
Anascorp is made by a Mexican company, Instituto Bioclon, from the plasma of horses that are immunized with scorpion venom. The FDA approved the drug based on a UA-led study that found that children treated with the drug rapidly improved with few side effects.
Scorpions are a major problem in Mexico, where nearly a quarter-million scorpion stings are reported each year.
Boyer said the company agreed to open its doors to the FDA’s rigorous inspection process to ensure its manufacturing practices passed muster.
According to Boyer, this is the first time the FDA approved a drug that was made and developed in Latin America.